As the event coincides with the start of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, accommodation will be in high demand so we recommend that you book as early as possible.
A map of suggested nearby accommodation is available.
How to find the venue: The Informatics Forum is located on Crichton Street, a small side street off Buccleuch Street. A map showing the forum can be found here. (If you have any trouble finding us follow instructions for Fringe Central – we are just across the road!)
The venue is a 15-20 minute walk from Princes Street and Waverley Station (allow time for wading through tourists!). Edinburgh also has an excellent bus service for getting around. See network map and journey planner to help you get from A to B.
Locating Coffee is pretty easy at this end of town. In addition to the coffee we will be providing throughout Repository Fringe we recommend the java at Kilimanjaro, Brew Lab, and the California Coffee Company – located in the Police Box right next to the Informatics Forum.
Registration will be at the desk inside the Forum. You don’t need to bring your ticket, just tell us who you are and let us know if you have any questions. The desk will be manned by various Repository Fringe organisers throughout the event for questions, help, etc.
Wifi will be available via Eduroam or, if you don’t have an Eduroam login, via guest logins for the University Wifi Network. Guest logins can be picked up from the registration desk on the day. Please help us out by making sure you fill in and return the detachable slip at the bottom as soon as possible!
- Programme: https://rfringe14.blogs.edina.ac.uk/programme-2/
- Essentials for Presenters: http://rfringe13.blogs.edina.ac.uk/2013/07/19/our-essential-guide-for-repofringe-presenters/
- Developer Challenge – please register in advance: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/repository-fringe-2014-tickets-11006086501?aff=eac2
- Beginners Guide to Social Media: http://rfringe13.blogs.edina.ac.uk/2013/07/23/beginners-guide-to-repository-fringe-2013-social-media-amplification/
- Wifi – how to use the University of Edinburgh Wifi: http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/information-services/computing/connecting/using-wireless
- Wifi – how to use Eduroam at the University of Edinburgh: http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/information-services/services/computing/desktop-personal/wireless-networking/jrs-eduroam
- About the Informatics Forum – includes a map of the venue: http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/informatics/about/location
- Google Maps showing the Forum: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?expflags=enable_star_based_justifications:true&ie=UTF8&cid=13308771724632550868&q=The+Informatics+Forum&iwloc=A&gl=GB&hl=en_uk
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/repofringe